"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.” -William Arthur Ward
Roman Financial Advisors offers the "Money Message" program.
For over twenty years, I have worked with clients to help them achieve financial independence. Through the years, I observed that people's financial decisions are not always driven by logic and sound financial advice but often by something else. By talking with hundreds of clients as they made financial decisions, I discovered that people make most financial decisions based on the "money messages" they received while growing up.
Most of us learned about money from our parents. We didn't learn by having lucid and logical conversations with our parents about money, but by observing how they spent, saved, and talked about money. And our parents learned the same way from their parents. From our early observations and experiences around money, we adopted what I call a "Money Message." That message now has a large impact on our money decisions, on how we save and on how we spend. Most of us are unaware of what that message is and how very much it affects our financial decisions.
A few Money Messages I have observed:
The Money Message program is consistently well received, enjoyable and informative. Participants complete a personal values assessment along with a money autobiography questionnaire to help them identify their personal money message. Most participants who complete the program are excited at the prospect of dealing with their financial affairs without the constraints of their old money message. They learn how to make financial decisions and build a financial plan unencumbered by a money message from the past.
- "I have to work really hard to make money and even if I do, I probably won't have enough"
- "I must not spend needlessly because I could lose it all tomorrow"
- "It's not ok to make or have more than my parents, sisters, or brothers"
- "I don't want to deal with money like my mom and dad, because I think they did it wrong"
- "I can't or shouldn't spend money on myself"
- "Money is to spend"
- "I must continuously strive for wealth and success even though it won't make me happy"
- "There will always be somebody to take care of me"
- "If I don't pay attention to it, it will take care of itself"
- "People with wealth have it easier"
- "Money means power & control and I am going to have it"
To schedule a "Money Messages" Workshop for your group or organization or an individual session, please call us at (619) 669-1111 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.